Jan 25, 2013

Knee News

Yesterday after six to seven excruciating years of knee pain I finally went to the doctor about it! I am now on the maybe long road to recovery from a fall I took when I was in the eighth grade and a small ligament problem I naturally developed trough regular growth as a child. I was diagnosed with Patella Femoral Syndrome, which is just a fancy way of saying my knee cap is not where it is suppose to be. Not only that but the tendon that is connected to my knee cap that is suppose to keep my knee cap from tilting is connected to it's secondary connection point in the wrong place. I am suppose to be able to draw a straight line running down my leg to across my knee and down to the very beginning of my shin, but mine makes a right turn which angles my knee cap to the right just enough to cause pain.
For the next six (long) weeks I have exercises that I have to do and wear my new knee brace and take anti-inflammatory medication. I hope this will work my knee cap back into place, I am not sure that it will cause some of these exercises are some that I did in school.
But on a happy note, I got this groovy new crochet/knit bag makes carrying my yarn and projects easier! I can't wait to carry it to work tonight! Ah well time to finish my new tea (lemon flavored) and get my day rolling! Have a great day! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment